- First prize: Equal points were gained by Meanwood Parkside and Lidgett Lane, so we decided to split the first prize between you. Well done for such fantastic sites, the envy of many of us. No need for a penalty shootout Peter!
- Third prize: Crimbles; such a lovely site, peaceful, well presented.
Site Competition 2016
|Site||State of Plots||Common Areas||Clean?||Info?||Common Equipment||Conservation Measures||Total out of 200|
We decided to award prizes to the top 3; in the past this has been for the top 10, but there were only 37 plots rather than the usual 90 entered. We are awarding prizes for plots regardless of size, so the first 3 are:
- Swillington plot 5 with 178 points: well done Gordon Crosbie for a fantastic plot.
- Haley’s Field plot 30 with 170 points: lovely growing, Brian Jenner!
- Greenthorpe plot 6 with 158 points: great varied planting Sue Sissons.
- First prize: Meanwood 11S: wonderful plot Paul and Tina Walker
- Second prize: Oakwood Lane 59 we liked the ‘raised bed’ Michael Myers!
- Third prize: Flicks Allotments 23 well done George Saville
There will be prizes for the above, but we will be acknowledging all entrants as follows:
- Gold awards for everyone with points from 140+
- Silver awards for everyone with points from 125-139
- Bronze awards for everyone with points from 100-124
- Certificates of entry for all others
- All newcomers will receive a prize!
Plot Competition 2016