With purple purple broccoli and kale sprouts finished and spring sown veg not ready yet, there can be a bit of a hungry gap in June.
But wait! Here are some recipes for allotment produce in June, from some Leeds allotment sites:
- Garlic scapes are the curly shoots that hardneck garlic sends up in June. They make a real gourmet treat.
- Globe artichokes are easily grown and make very striking plants, but not everyone knows what to do with them. All is explained.
- Strawberry cake needs no introduction.
- Elderflower Cordial – the fragrance of summer all year ’round.
- Coming from Leeds you would expect lots of things to do with rhubarb. Here are a few: